Wednesday, June 17, 2009

To Karen...and others...

Romans 7:18 “I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.”

Okay, I just have a very quick moment but I just HAVE to get this out there. Karen, a long-time friend from my hometown, posted a comment a few weeks back saying something like, "Beth, you are an amazing person." Now I don't want to embarrass her or others who have said similar things...but I cannot wait another moment to answer...

WE ARE NOT AMAZING PEOPLE...WE SIMPLY SERVE AN AMAZING GOD!!!!!"

Okay...got it out. I feel better! I just can't live with the 'untruth' that we are doing this out of our own goodness or strength. "Apart from me, you can do NOTHING." John 15:5 Yes, Lord Jesus...that is so very true!

We love you all and appreciate your prayers...in fact, we depend upon them! Please remember our three kiddos Thursday night as the judge gets another chance to say 100% YES!

And Karen...thanks for your sweet note...I don't have an address to respond to except 'snail mail' and I'm too lazy and ADD to get that accomplished...so if you get a chance, send me your email address to hamshome@yahoo.com.

No comments: